Sports Day is on Wednesday 27th June at 1:15pm - don't forget to wear your sunhat, sunglasses and apply sun cream - the weather forecast is saying it's going to be HOT HOT HOT!!
Thank you to all of the parents who completed the Parent Questionnaire - we have had some amazing comments!
- Staff are friendly, approachable and supportive to the individual needs of each child and their family. They are committed to ensuring children experience success and provided with praise they need to continue to develop. Children are given lots of opportunities in and out of school to access the curriculum appropriate to their needs.
- The small family sized school is very welcoming and supportive. The strength of the school comes from its size.
- The school is very friendly and welcoming. The teachers and Head are all very approachable and willing to listen to concerns.
- All staff take the time to listen to any questions we have or concerns we have and they do their best to help.
- The school has brought our son on great with his work, mixing with other children, sharing and learning new things all of the time – he loves school!
- 100% of parents know their children are safe at school!
- 85% of parents say their children enjoy school.
- 97% of parents know that their child is encouraged to do their best and work hard!
- 88% of parents say the school seeks their views and listens to their concerns.
- 100% of parents say that school is welcoming and there are opportunities to get involved.
- 100% of parents would recommend Hetton Primary to another family.
- 94% of parents say the school is well led.
Hetton Primary School welcomed a group of young American students and their Youth Pastor to our school this week! They spent time with all of the children, teaching them about their culture and working alongside the older children on the Easter story. They even played outside in our schoolyard at break and lunch times!
We all really enjoyed getting to know them and learning about life in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA.
Hetton Primary School has its very first Mini Senior Leadership Team! Congratulations to the children in Y6 who got the job - your purple jumpers are on order and our first meeting will be in a few weeks!
Our whole school vision.
Believe – Encourage – Support - Teach
School is happy and friendly; caring and welcoming and provides a place where children feel valued, safe and happy.
Our family friendly ethos places us firmly at the centre of our community where everyone is made to feel welcome and supported.
The children are at the heart of everything we do; their safety and wellbeing are always at the forefront in order to support them in developing the life skills needed to become successful citizens.
Our curriculum is child centred so that our pupils are engaged and immersed in their learning through a range of enriching activities.
Innovative approaches are used to develop ideas and move learning forward by exciting and challenging children and staff to think creatively.
All learning is challenging through careful planning and differentiation to enable all children to make progress and reach their targets.
Provision is supportive of all children’s abilities, needs and talents in order to enable them to reach their full potential.
Cooperative learning techniques are used throughout school to develop communication, interaction, team work and a strong sense of community where everyone achieves more.
The staff at Hetton Primary are proactive, making sure that each child is given the opportunity to progress in a holistic way by promoting lifelong learning.
Believe – Encourage – Support - Teach
Latest School Events
There are currently no events.
Hetton Primary School News
- Just a reminder