Your child can stay on the school premises for their lunch or go home. Children staying on the premises have the choice of a school lunch or bringing a packed lunch.
In April 2014 the Government launched their Universal Infant Free School Meals Policy. This entitles any child attending Key Stage 1 (Reception, Year 1 or Year 2) of a primary or infant school to a nutritious free school lunch from September 2014.
Free school meals for school aged children have previously been subject to parents/carers meeting eligibility criteria. Parents wishing to access free school meals for children attending Year 3 and upwards of primary and junior school are still required to meet these criteria.
Your child is entitled to a free school meeal if you have an income that does not exceed £16,190 or if you qualify for one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Job Seeker Allowance (income based)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue that does nor exced £16,190
- Guarenteed element of Pension Credit
- Children who receive Income Support or Income-based Jobseekers Allowance in their own right are also entitled to receive free school meals
Forms are available using the link below or from the school office. Mrs Hamilton, our School Administrator, will be happy to help you complete them.
For pupils in Years 3 to 6, who are paying for a school lunch, dinner money is collected on a Monday; the money should be in a sealed envelope with your child’s name, class and amount enclosed written on the front. It can be handed into the school office or to your child’s classteacher.
Children in Reception Year receive free milk and a piece of fruit daily, with children in Year 1 and Year 2 also receiving a free piece of fruit.
For those children not receiving free milk and fruit there is the opportunity to purchase it at a small cost. You will receive an order form termly.
The children have access to drinking water throughout the school day.